Tuesday, December 30, 2008

dagText

Korea's Place in the Sun: A Modern History, Updated Edition Korea's Place in the Sun: A Modern History, Updated Edition by Bruce Cumings


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I am loving this book and I am only finishing the first chapter, Virtues.



So many books on Korea speak about the country and its culture as if the Koreans were Chinese or only known through their coping with the Korean war or struggles with Japan.



I have been looking for a book about Korea and about Koreans. And Bruce Cummings attempts to do this.



The first chapter handles the history prior to the modern era. Korea had its own history and culture, something quite unique: a history I have been interested in for some time.



So far so good.


View all my reviews.

No comments: